Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 2: Treadmills & Turkey Burgers

Hello!
Today is day 2 of my weight loss & lifestyle change journey- and today is the FIRST day I worked out in this experience! That's right, yours truly laced up her Pumas and went to the gym (the one in my apartment complex).

The gym I have access to has a treadmill, exercise bike, and an elliptical machine. I'm not a fan of the elliptical (yet? Maybe I will become one) so I avoided it & stuck with what I knew. Here's how it went:

I took S in her stroller (which is a jogger BTW- I am hoping to pound the pavement in it more, but it's really hot during the day so it'd be better for evenings I think!) with a few toys, my water bottle, and my house keys. It was the first time I'd set foot in this gym- and I've lived here since October 2010. :S Anyhow, I hopped right on the treadmill & did a small "circuit" (I guess that's what it's called..). I walked for 5 minutes at 2.5 MPH, ran for 1 1/2 minutes at 4.3MPH, walked another 5, ran another minute, then walked for another 2. Then I did the exercise bike for 15 minutes at 9 MPH. Then my legs felt like Jell-o, so I went home!

All in all, I think it was a successful first day. I broke a great sweat & drank 24 oz of water before I even ate breakfast this morning. According to the livestrong calculator- I worked my breakfast off!

I'm having family over tonight for turkey burgers, salad & baked potatoes, so I'm going to go ahead & put all my totals for today, considering what I'll be having for dinner.

Weight Watcher Points: 
Allotted: 45
Consumed: 48
Live Strong Calories:
Allotted: 1861
Consumed: 1818 (burned: 268!)
Water:
6/8 glasses consumed (so far, I'll probably get at least 3 more in)

Exercise:
Hit the gym for 30 minutes!

Overall Feeling: Happy, relaxed!

I rewarded myself for going to the gym by taking a nice, long shower and giving myself a pedicure (minus the polish- that'll probably be tomorrow!). I'm going to try to reward myself in small, inexpensive ways for each workout, and I'm going to give myself larger rewards (although hopefully still inexpensive) for completing my first 25, 50, 75, and 100 workouts. As I left the gym today I told the apartment staff "I'll see you tomorrow!" And I plan to stick to that. I have an appointment on Wednesday so I may not make it in that day, but I am going to try.

Also, I wore a Curves Sweat Belt (sounds gross, is gross) during my workout today & I will probably continue to wear it. It's not this exact item but pretty similar: http://reviews.avon.com/5588/31030/reviews.htm Mine has velcro instead of zippers, so mine's probably an older model or something. I'm not big on the thought that losing water weight is the best way to lose weight (because dehydration is a bad idea!) but I like wearing it for support. I had S via c-section, so I feel like things are still wobbly & loose in my lower abdomen. (Yes, almost 9 months later, it still feels "weird). I would recommend it for anyone looking for mild support after abdominal surgery- but not before your DR gives you the okay to exercise & your incisions are fully healed. Hot sweat + open wounds = gross & sometimes painful!

That's all for now, be well!

**I'm going to have to work on my late night eating & emotional eating.. **




No comments:

Post a Comment