Saturday, May 5, 2012

Day 6- Cheat Day

So, today was cheat day, and also grocery shopping day.

We bought lots of fresh produce, several pounds of chicken, ground turkey, some turkey burgers, some boca burgers, and lots of granola bars, some rice, salsa, wraps, diet drinks- etc. We tried to pick some healthy snacks, and some fun meals. I'd say we're pretty well set on meat for the next 2-3 weeks, and however long the produce is fresh for!

Of course, we buy frozen veggies too- but there's something to be said for making it as fresh as possible. We've been making delicious salads lately, thanks to a generous gift by my dad- a food processor! He got us this one from Sears. I've  been using it to slice radishes, cucumbers, tomatos, peppers & onions for our salads. We buy pre-cut mushrooms (which I hate, and M loves) and using a vinaigrette based salad dressing. We eat salads at least once a day- they're both healthy & filling if they're done right (cutting out creamy dressings, cheese, croutons & other heavy-calorie additions)! We've found a new affinity for red leaf lettuce- it tastes really fresh & stays fresh & crisp for a LONG time. We also love the yoplait light yogurts- we bought 20 of those today!

Anyways- so it was cheat day. We decided to eat regular food mostly, but to splurge on some sweets we'd been craving. I got a single-serve turtle cake, and he got a few donuts- so we split them all down the middle and ate them (ALL) for brunch. I also had some cranberry juice. Juice is a huge weakness of mine & I have nooo concept of moderation with it.  I haven't calculated up our points yet for today & I'm sure it can't be good. But we did have grilled chicken & a little macaroni salad for dinner, so we weren't THAT bad, I guess. We also both had (literally tiny servings, maybe 4 oz each of) a Strawberry daquiri. I think I'm going to skip calculating points for today, and count my calories instead.

OK, so I calculated--- 2,174 Calories today. OUCH.

Anyhow- after we ate DONUTS for lunch, we talked about how we could "feel" our teeth rotting, and felt pretty guilty. I haven't mentioned it to him yet, but I'm thinking maybe we'll only have 1 cheat day per month rather than once a week, because I could see myself wrecking completely off track after a bender like today. Our rules for cheat day were that we'd only buy enough for ONE day of the item we most craved. I think we might have been okay if we'd have split my cake, or even had my cake & he had one or two doughnuts.. but- lesson learned. It's time we were honest about our weight & honest about the crap we put into our bodies, and it was nice to hear him say it made him feel a little sick, too. I was hoping I wasn't the only one- after all, we're trying to shock our bodies into healthier living & eating and now it's probably pretty confused.

I'm anticipating weigh-in on Monday morning- hoping I'll have time to hit the gym tomorrow for my "Last Chance Workout!" (I'm also EAGERLY anticipating quitting smoking. Tonight I bought what should be my last pack!)We're big fans of the biggest loser, and we are currently watching season 5 on Netflix. We don't have cable so we are definitely not current, but it is inspiring nonetheless. We talked about auditioning, but since we have a little one, and only M works outside of the home currently, we didn't think we could afford to go- and at our age we can afford to fix the problem ourselves- even if $250,000 would change our lives completely (We could pay off ALL our debt & buy a home & I could go back to school & we could both get starts on our dream-businesses. It'd be a dream come true!)

I think I previously mentioned us having a dinner party with some members of a church we're thinking of attending. It's scheduled for Monday evening after M gets off work. I've figured out what I'm making, and I plan to calculate the points for it on Sunday so I can make smart choices for breakfast & lunch on Monday. We're having baked lemon pepper chicken, pastaroni, and steamed veggies. We're also going to have side salads, and I may or may not make blueberry muffins. I'm also planning to make tiny strawberry pies in the individual crusts. They come in a pack of 6 and we're having 6 total for dinner- so there won't be any tempting leftovers. I'll be making it with sugar-free jello & splenda in graham cracker crusts, with light whipped cream on top. Hopefully they won't be too devastating on the points- same with the pasta-roni!

Anyway, that's all I've got for tonight! Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment